STAF 2017 offers funds for supporting student registrations. These funds are meant to encourage students to participate in STAF 2017, who would otherwise not be able to attend. Student registration grants will partially or completely cover the registration fees of the awarded students. Whether registration fees will be covered partially or completely, as well as the number of awarded grants depends on the number of applications.
Student registration grants will be awarded in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Applicants have to be enrolled in a university as an undergraduate, graduate, or PhD student.
- Student authors who are presenters of papers at STAF 2017 are allowed to apply for a grant but will be given lower priority (except authors/presenters of STAF 2017 Doctoral Symposium papers), because it is expected that their expenses for participating in STAF 2017 are covered by other sources.
- Student authors who are not presenters of papers at STAF 2017, authors of STAF 2017 Doctoral Symposium papers and students not authoring a paper at one of the STAF 2017 events are particularly encouraged to apply.
- a cover letter with a motivation, why the applicant wants to visit the STAF 2017 conference and which events in particular are relevant,
- a short academic CV,
- a confirmation of the applicant’s status (undergraduate, graduate, PhD student), and
- a letter of support, e.g., from the PhD supervisor.
If you have any questions, please contact the STAF 2017 organization team with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be informed about the award decision via email. Applicants should not register for the conference before they received the notice of acceptance. Student registrations to the early registration fee will be possible for applicants not awarded with a student registration grant./p>
|May 29, 2017, midnight (CET, GMT+01:00)||Application deadline|
|June 5, 2017, midnight (CET, GMT+01:00)||Notification|